Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Luck of the Irish

St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. The only day growing up I was proud rather than self-conscious about being a red head. My Grandfather came here from Ireland when he was 4 years old. I come from a proud (aka semi-crazy) Irish family. This past weekend we got together to celebrate my Uncle's 70th birthday. We had a great time.
Sunday we took the kids to the local Parade. My little guy was hoping to catch a leprechaun. My youngest daughter just wanted to catch as much candy as humanly possible.

 My 13 yr old son is obviously too cool to even be here or acknowledge our existence. He wouldn't sit with us. I guess I'm embarrassing or something.

We tried to make our rainbows with glue, salt & watercolors. We could not figure it out.


We painted our very best rainbow colors onto our headbands to make a St. Patrick's day hat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment